Home Technical Talk

3dsmax~viewport not showing anything

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
4evra polycounter lvl 4
6jrEo.jpg

I'm using student version.
So,i open 3ds max,its all ok.
I at tab to browser for instance,then go back to 3ds max,this pops out.
Basically,it looks like its stuck in viewport "loading",but,i'm able to scrol around MAX's options and stuff,it works normal.
I even can move mouse over the white viewport,and if cursor comes on top of an object,its gonna pop out the tooltip(like those "own_tribune-40-00 etc).
Even cursor changes if i get it over an area where object should be in viewport.
However,its still remains white,or retains an image that was on that part of screen in other program(if i tab from browser,its going to have a picture of browser's contexst in viewport).
As u see,i went to view menu and tried switching viewports,but no luck.
I can save normally,and everything,so there is no real harm done,except in terms of time consuming with constant reopening.

System is fresh,with drivers installed.
Not sure if it matters,but i had a pirated version before i found a student solution.Pirated didnt' have this issue.

Replies

• ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    Try applying the license on the pirated version and see if it fixes the problem.
  • 4evra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4evra polycounter lvl 4
    ivanzu wrote: »
    Try applying the license on the pirated version and see if it fixes the problem.

Thats how i done it originally,since i already had an ISO of 3dsmax12,so i just entered student data there,instead of DLing from 3dsmax download link offered on student part of 3ds max site.
    I thought(and still do :) ) that those are are same versions of programm.
    Could be i'm wrong though,but my bandwitch is rather limited,i will keep that suggestion in mind,and if no other possible solutions pop out,i'll dl MAX from student part of the site to check it out.
  • ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    Try downloading 3dsmax from their site if you cant because you have limited bandwidth then ask your friends if they can download.Try changing the driver to nitrous(opengl,directx)try updating your directx and opengl.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What kind of system are you running, specifically the video card? When was the last time you updated the video drivers?
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Have you installed the latest patch? Go to Help > 3ds Max on the Web > Updates.
  • Bruno Afonseca
    When I lock my computer at the office, sometimes the viewport gets stuck on what was rendered before (only happens when using d3d viewport).

So doing an ALT+W twice usually fixes it
  • 4evra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4evra polycounter lvl 4
    What kind of system are you running, specifically the video card? When was the last time you updated the video drivers?

9600 gso,4800+,2gb ram.
    Yes,the newest nvidia drivers,from 4,5 days ago.
    It worked on the same spec before.
    monster wrote: »
    Have you installed the latest patch? Go to Help > 3ds Max on the Web > Updates.

No,i havent.I'll dl it,to see if it makes a difference.
    However,i had this same version for last 6,7 months,i had no probs.But i'll still give it a go.

Alt+W didn't help.Thanks though
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Maybe look for Nvidia drivers from 6-7 months ago? Check the Clean Install box under Advanced settings. I'm using 306.97 on a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti and they work fine.
  • 4evra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4evra polycounter lvl 4
    its fixed now.
    i installed hotfixes 1&2,Service Pack 2 and an update 12 from max official site.
    Not only that its fixed,but whole aplication is significantly faster.

Thanks everybody