Home Technical Talk

Vertex blending issues with Drew++ max viewport shader

Hi everyone !
So first , a big thank you to Drew++ for this amazing tool.

But (yeah there is one ofc), i have quite an issues with it.

It seems that the blendmask isn't handle fine on my computer.
let me explain.

the blend mask is applied to the whole mesh and is mixing the two texture together everywhere.
I want to have the 2cd texture blending with the first one only where i applied my vertex painting and leave the rest untouched.

here is a picture of my problem.
Can you help me guys ?
vertexblendissue.jpg

Replies

• Drew++
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 14
    Just checking, you paint using vertex alpha! All I can say is play with the "Blend Falloff" and "Blend Factor" settings until you find something nice. :)

Your blend mask shouldn't have too much contrast either.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    You're painting on vertices, so if you're mesh has too little vertices on he whole thing, there will be some stretching and mixing of the blend function all over the place.

You can increase the vertice count in area's that requires finer control.

Also, as Drew said, you need to Paint it using the Vertex Modifier, with Alpha enabled as your brush.
  • Elunil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Drew and Ace.
    Of course i use Vertex Paint modifier set to Alpha :)
    The blending is fine, it's just the blend mask option that mess everything up.
    I Doubled the edges around where i want the sand to appear but nothing changes.

With the falloff setting it goes to everything sandy or nothing. but not blending the two textures smoothly.
    I send the model to a friend and it works fine at his place, so it might come from my computer...
    Any more ideas ?
  • Drew++
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drew++ polycounter lvl 14
    It could be some gamma settings on how your app reads the textures... :[
    -But also make sure your blend mask isn't contrasted really strong!

Blend Factor: Changes the overall blend factor. Use this to fade in and out the blend layer.
    Blend Falloff:
    Specifies how smooth the transition between the layers should be. Use a high value for a sharp transition.
  • Elunil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm gonna check for the Gamma settings and comme back to you after :) thanks for taking the time anyway

EDIT :
    Yeah not working either...
    I also tried to plug another less contrasted map but same result.
    i also tried to update my graphic card drivers but nothing changed.

I will continu to investigate after finishing my art test and update the post if i find the solution... if you come up with something don't hesitate to share the knowledge :D

cheers !)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    What does your Mask look like?