Home Unreal Engine

Repeating panning text

polygon
Offline / Send Message
EvilPixills polygon
Hey guys, I have spent a good chunk of time looking for a remedy to my issue but I am having a hard time finding an answer relating to my situation.

I have a monitor model, and the material contains various text and symbol animations (panners, rotators). I have a specific block of text that I have panning vertically, but I want that block of text to repeat constantly over and over.

The issue I am having is there is a delay with the panning and I am not getting the effect I want. I can obviously turn the pan speed up but that just looks ridiculous and defeats the purpose of what I want.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Do you have an example of what you mean? Image or video? What do your textures look like, etc?

Generally, UDK's pan function should be repeating without delay automatically over the time you define, but I'm not sure I understand what is giving your the problem.

I'm guessing your text around the borders has some space left, which could be the issues with the pan delay maybe?
  • EvilPixills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvilPixills polygon
    I should have known better to post some examples of what I am dealing with. Shame on me :poly136:

CNUEU.jpg

t8BJG.jpg

Papdo.jpg

0wh05.jpg

The text I want to scroll continuously is in the blue channel. Hope this is enough to give you a more detailed view of what I am trying to achieve.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnEVWK87MBg"]Here[/ame] is an example of Snefer's screen material. I want my text to scroll continuosly like his.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Haha, that makes sense, just stretch your text vertically so there is very little space left at the top and bottom (remember, panning is kinda like a cylinder rolling over and over, so any space you have will go towards the delay).

Another way is to copy and paste the same text several times vertically and do that instead.
  • EvilPixills
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvilPixills polygon
    Thanks a lot man. I will give that a go. Will post back tomorrow with the results. I need to get my arse to bed hehe.

::UPDATE::

So I just copied and pasted the text vertically over the whole texture as you sad and that fixed my problem. Thanks again, Ace!