Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

need a review for my first technical art reel

Dav
Dav
[video=vimeo;56144113]
In this showreel I showcase my skills in Python and PyQt4 using 3 tools out of which
1.Pose It: Pose Manager for Autodesk Maya can run as docked or as floating window made can display thumbnail of stored poses.
2. Mini Me: Maya Project manager that lets the maya artist access files and folder from within maya without having to switch to Explorer or finder set favorite projects, fix file texture paths, email scene or selected file or upload to ftp and even perform incremental save.
(both 1. Pose manager & Project manager has multi plarform compatibility i.e on mac, linux and Windows)
3. Batch Renderer for Autdesk Maya and Foundry Nuke performs batch render, what unique you might find it reads the ma, mb or nk file for the setting set by the artist for rendering and this reduces the chance of a mistake of entering wrong values manually. you can also choose the render camera in case of may from dropdown similarly choose write node incase of Nuke while doing render setup.

Replies

• Gheromo
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Embed the video, it took me a while to figure out that if u click on a picture that it will redirect me.
  • Dav
    Gheromo wrote: »
    Embed the video, it took me a while to figure out that if u click on a picture that it will redirect me.
    not getting video embed to work however i have placed the link
  • BARDLER
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I don't know much about technical artists stuff but from a video edition stand point your audio is way to loud and clips in certain areas. I had to put my windows volume down to 8 just to listen to it at a comfortable level. Also some of your text boxes switch to quickly before I can read them.
  • Dav
    alright !!! if I leave text boxes for longer time to showoff each and every function of the script it the whole reel gets lenthier .. well I will work on replacing on a new audio tonight but making a video as long as 4:15 long turns out to be 1.39 GB for a resolution of 1280 x 720 which is required else the parts of input boxes in the apps dont show up clearly....