StarWars E Wing

Hello Polycount!

This is something I made for fun at school, a E Wing from Star Wars:
E-wing_SotG.jpg

My model is based of this image:
E-wing_schem.jpg

My Result is this:

E%2520Wing%2520v2.jpg
Right now, I'm setting up the uv warp for it. I plan on at least getting that done before my break is over.
What do you guys think of the model?

by the way, does this forum support hide tags?

Replies

• [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've never seen this craft and I think the concept is awesome...it has a lot of character and looks pretty deadly.

My biggest critique is based on your render it's really hard to understand the shape and how accurate it is. Currently your nose cone looks completely wrong and there really isn't a whole lot of detail to the craft. The tricount of 1700 seems way off and I think you have some optimization to do, as well as add more detail. Can we get some hard-edged renders so we can understand the shape of the craft instead of the very awkwardly shaded smooth render?

It does look like you are off to a good start, I'm just skeptical of it's detail. You say you are starting the unwrap, but then I wonder why you bothered to model the panel the support beam connects to, and not any of the cockpit or pieces behind the cockpit.

the laser cannon on top, in your model goes almost all the way to the back, yet in the concept, it tapers off very quickly. The "housing area" of the cannon goes back somewhere in the range of 1/4'th to 1/5'th towards the back after the cockpit, and yours goes back about 2/3'rds to 3/4'ths of it.

you also bulged out the area of the proton torpedo, yet your concept doesn't do that

The rest of the shape of your craft looks good, but definitely a hard second look at the concept compared to yours would help a lot man

keep it up!

Looking at your renders and concepts again, the nose cone is definitely too long and not shaped properly...it should be a short stubby(side view) trapezoid(front view), and yours is very elongated and circular