Home Unity

UDK to Unity scale

deolol
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
deolol polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys i'd like to bring my udk project to Unity, I'm just wondering what scale I should resize it down to so that I can maintain snapping. Thanks.

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • deolol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deolol polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah I've been really struggling to get the scale close, the math proves its not possible. I got it close but everything is the slightest millimetre off, I have all my assets complete but I'm trying to find an effective way to allow snapping without resizing all of it.
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    If you are trying to get the scale right just so you can snap to the grid, you are in for a lot of hassle. If that's the case, you are better off using vertex snap.
    • Select the mesh you want to manipulate and make sure the Transform Tool is active.
    • Press and hold the V key to activate the vertex snapping mode.
    • Move your cursor over the vertex on your mesh that you want to use as the pivot point.
    • Hold down the left button once your cursor is over the desired vertex and drag your mesh next to any other vertex on another mesh.
    • Release your mouse button and the V key when you are happy with the results.
    • Shift-V acts as a toggle of this functionality.
    • You can snap vertex to vertex, vertex to surface and pivot to vertex.

Pretty much the only snapping I use in Unity :)
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    Edit > Snap Settings...

...and set the position values to the multiple of 0.0195 (or whatever magic number you decide on) that you need. Then you can select everything in your scene, choose Snap All Axes, and it should (*touch wood*) snap them all for you.

Might not work (we use the vertex snapping that SanderDL describes, as well as some in-house tools), but worth a try! :)