Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    You haz wireframe?
  • ageless
  • Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deforges polycounter lvl 11
    He's some stuff I noticed. Your spec map isn't really doing you justice at the moment.
    A lot of the wear you have on the gun like scratches or grunge need to be really subtle on the diffuse and then bumped up in the spec so it reacts naturally with the light. Would you mind putting up your texture sheets? You could get a lot of good crits if you did that. good job : )

s3FPJ.jpg

y06U8.jpg
  • TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    Im not super familiar with this pistol, but it looks a little thin, i know i kind of had the same issue when i modelled a pistol. Id double check against your reference.
  • ageless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @TrevorJ - Hey thanks man but for now i am concentrating on getting its texture right.Again, Thanks for your inputs.I will do what i can...but right now, i really want to nail down it's texture.

@Deforges - Thank You soo much for that paintover.

I was also wondering How to give plastic more wear and tear.Perhaps more Grundge is the right idea.

I am thinking that if i increase sharpness of my Noise part in Normal Map(Grip Area), it will do the the Trick...

I completely agree that my scratches on gun are not dynamic.I am gonna revisit my Spec Map and improve it.

Here are my Texture Sheets...
  • Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deforges polycounter lvl 11
    No problem. Right off the bat I can say You definitely need to brighten up that spec map.
  • Toasty Fresh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toasty Fresh polycounter lvl 12
    Tone down the scratches on the diffuse. If you have them in a layer (you should), just reduce the opacity or change it to overlay or soft light. Given that they're really bright on the specular it should look nice.
  • ageless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok...i did some corrections.

brighten up my Metal Spec and reduced opacity of my scratches on diffuse.

Please tell me how is it looking now??
  • Kon Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kon Artist polycounter lvl 8
    Brighten up the spec overall more. What's are you rendering this out in? What's your shader type? What's your lighting set up?
  • ageless
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Kon Artist - Hello mate!!

I am rendering this in Marmoset Engine.Lighting is default.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Hm. I thought you had a crapton of unnecessary polygons, but it doesn't appear to be nearly as bad as I imagined. That said, there are still quite some places to optimize.

Not sure if it has much use posting it now, but it'll be help for future models at least:
    gunwirePO_ageless.jpg
    red is definitely remove shit
    orange is probably remove it
    green is add/change to optimize
    blue is add to improve visuals

The most important parts to note on this pistol are the very dense screw, the tiny ridge on the magazine, and probably take note of the complex geo at the thumb rest too - as it is hardly noticeable in the beauty renders while you still have a fairly choppy silhouette in other spots/
  • Toasty Fresh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toasty Fresh polycounter lvl 12
    ageless wrote: »
    Ok...i did some corrections.

brighten up my Metal Spec and reduced opacity of my scratches on diffuse.

Please tell me how is it looking now??

They're still far too bright. The specular should be doing most of the work for the scratches. They should only be just visible on the diffuse. Look at your refs; as a static image you can't see many scratches, but as soon as you hold the gun in real life you'll notice scratches and flaws as you turn it around in your hand.