Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modeling 4 Game Final: Steel Warhammer

Comments encouraged!

This is my final for my modeling for game class. I am doing the Steel Warhammer from Skyrim. The high poly is the first step. Reference is included.

Steel_Warhammer.png
hammer1.png
hammer2.png
hammer4.png

Replies

• Alex_Maxwell
  • Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    Its a decent start, and you are following the reference well... Almost too well. Game art, and art in general is not all about just creating, its about telling a story through your desired medium. What I see in you hammer is just a basic rendition/copy of an existing asset. It allows the teacher to look at it, and be able to judge based on a previous attempt. A lot of your "High Poly" should also be done in either zbrush or in nDo or another equivalent program. The intricate details would be as easy as painting out a design and then baking a normal map out of it. You are trying to model minute decorative details, and that's just going to create problems. It also looks like you are trying to model every little detail in one giant piece, the first mistake a lot of newer HP modelers face. The trick is to use simple floating geometry, and trying to cut down time as much as possible. Modeling floating geometry and duplicating and using that method not only helps with time, but also keeps consistency.