Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: heyguy

heyguy
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
heyguy polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone. I recently started learning a bunch of different programs and Adobe Illustrator is one of them. Concept art/digital art has never been my strong suit so I thought it'd be great to get some feedback by other artists as I experiment/practice with everything.

Here's 3 images I've been working on in Illustrator. I'm fairly sure I'm finished with my pig sheriff character unless somebody thinks I can rework something. My king/royalty character and landscape are still wip. I'd like any crits you guys might have. I'm pretty new to Illustrator so if you have any comments or tips, please let me know.

pigsheriff.jpg

vectorking.jpg

vectorlandscape.jpg

Replies

• heyguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heyguy polycounter lvl 5
    Whats up guys. I know my way around photoshop pretty well when it comes to making textures for 3d models and stuff but I've never really done digital painting/concept art. This basically my first digital painting. I'm liking how it's looking so far but I'm having trouble painting believable reflection on the armor. Though I kinda like the reflection on his right gauntlet. So I haven't finished the weapon yet but I just added the axe blade so all of you would know what weapon he would be holding eventually.

Anyway, I hope some artists can give me some critiques on the character. I also put this character on conceptart.org to get some additional critiques. I feel that maybe I can add some more intricate details on the armor(rivets, relief design, etc) and add some subtle color in the armor. Thanks guys!

conceptarth.jpg
  • aaron2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good start!
    I find your work is well finished and your learning of Adobe Illustrator can be seen here!
    Great job done
  • heyguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heyguy polycounter lvl 5
    Just some progress on my knight character. More contrast, lighting, better anatomy. No great reflections yet though.

knighteu.jpg
  • aaron2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That is good heyguy! As for a sketcher control on lighting and textures is very important and this on looks really amazing