Home General Discussion

Intuos 4 vs 5? $200 vs $300?

somerandomguy1
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
somerandomguy1 polycounter lvl 4
I've been really trying to decide between getting an Intuos 4 or a 5. I use both at school. I found one on craigslist for $200 but it's a 45 minute drive >.< should I just shell out the extra $100 and order the 5? I know they have the same pressure sensitivity. I plan to use it for maya, zbrush, and painting textures in photoshop.

Thanks!

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I'm curious as to why you felt this required two identical threads. Posted 10 minutes apart.

Use the search bar.

Or even better, just google the specifications of the two tablets and decide for yourself. Or, if you want people's opinions, I'm sure there are a lot of comparison videos on youtube, and even more comparison information if you jsut google it.

Or use the search bar, cause there's probably 10 threads about this already.
  • somerandomguy1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't mean to post it twice so i'm sorry about that. Odd thing is I HAVE googled it, I even went to youtube to see people's opinions. Youtube was a joke because there isn't one video that isn't of people who just tried either out for more than a day and didn't give any feedback over the long run. Google was about the same with some people giving a little feedback over nub wear and such but no one went into great detail of which is better and why. I thought I would come here to ask perhaps people who actually use the two tablets.

Thanks anyway....I Guess :/...
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    $300 for an Intuos5 is a pretty great deal, I would take that if I were you. Not sure where you find something like that so cheap.
  • somerandomguy1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I actually just went and bought the 5. Turns out that the gestures are more responsive than at school. Don't know if it's because of less wear being a new tablet or if it's windows 8 since we run windows 7. Either way, good investment.
  • ENODMI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    Buys some extra nibs, this thing is like sandpaper