thank you for viewing my post,
you also can view the mish in here:
http://p3d.in/FIKSO

Replies

• Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    Apologies for no one responding. Times are hard y'know?

Grats on finishing though!, I'm sure you learned a lot about the process. There are several issues, however.
    The topology and basic modeling need work. I'm not sure what reference you were using for some of your edge flow choices but I suggest looking at the polycount wiki or even google for topology suggestions.
    Sculpting is very rough, details are loose and ambiguous. It is hard to tell what some of the suit pieces are or seperate them from each other. Much of the construction detail of the outfit is nonexistant. Pay attention to reference especially regarding how an outfit like this would be put together. Find similar articles of clothing and try and recreate the craftsmanship used to make them.
    Anatomy and texturing. This is the hardest part IMO and probably the area you faltered the most. The head looks like it was smoothed once and barely sculpted. I appreciate the color variation on the texture as far as cheek color etc but the AO and some of the shading is giving the appearance of 5 o clock shadow and really muddying up the texture. There is also some heavy pixelation on many areas of the texture which is leading me to believe your UVs may be suffering as well.

Again, good job on crossing the finish line on a project. However, I would suggest taking a step back and work on the more basic concepts of modeling/uv/texturing/sculpting/transferring surfaces. Start with simple projects that deal with concepts you may not be the best at. there are quite a few resources and tutorials out there on getting started and I suggest looking at as many as possible and experiment as much as possible. Do texturing exercises and daily sculpts from reference. Practice will make perfect, just don;t be afraid to take the time to pay attention to the foundations first. Good luck
  • saeba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Dan!

thanks for the crit

yeah, you're right, i created basic mistakes on creating the model.
    i should throw more edges on joints while making basic mesh to make it more friendly while rigging.

At first i want to make female char wearing solid spacesuit,
    but due to limit of time and lack of technique (this is my first experience making char using zbrush), i decide to make the model just wearing an elastic suit...:D

But indeed, i think the result will be much better if i make the suit part by part rather just throw it on a single mesh..

Anyway, this is part of my self-training program to handle multiple tools on 3D (3DMax,Zbrush,Xnormal,Photoshop, Xoliul), so i decide to just make it w/o picking a lot of references..(bad habit)

I cannot throw a lot of faces on zbrush because my PC is not great enough to handle it (4 mil max...sigh..). Need more train to manage the CPU memory

for the texture, its only baked from polypainting w/o more retouch w/ photoshop..:D. UV is also created from UVMaster (i'll learn more how to use this plugins on next model)

now i'm working another model with same pipeline, i hope the result is much better than this. I'll be waitin for more crit from you..

Kind regards,
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    Good job on the project. It is definitely hard to get through the pipeline the first time. I do have to agree with Dan! in doing some more smaller projects. You could use some reference and make different things. for instance a torso or head, etc. Doing this will also allow you to practice more detail because you are only doing a small portion of something which doesn't need as many polygons. Either way, keep up the good work.
  • saeba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ kosh_fotsirk:

thank you for the advice,
    you're right, i felt very hard to manage between one to another 3D Software (despite this is my 1st time)

i'll consider to make smaller project and put more effort on detail.

i'm on my 2nd project now, still struggle to make it much better than this..

Anyway, i try to keep work on low poly because i want to make the model can be loaded on mobile devices/console

Kind regards,