Home General Discussion

Study group Interest?

Hey all
Dropping a line out to see if any other beginners ( or more advanced ) are interested in starting a study group. basically a group focused on becoming better artists, pushing each other to do better and to make it into the industry eventually.

possibly make a thread for anyone in the group to post in and try to create tasks that will focus on learning the fundamentals of Game art

Hope there are some other out there that are interested !

Replies

• GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    Ive been thinking about trying to form a study group like this Mainly for Sculpting and Drawing though kinda how Conceptart does their study groups thing

Im interested.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    just join one of the google hangouts that happens almost daily. there's nobody in there who isn't willing to help. sometimes you get people with a wealth of experience, other times you get people who're relatively new who can share your own trepidation and help guide you from the beginning steps.

but generally speaking they're a great way to motivate and educate yourself.

oh and we also have a good laugh.
  • JeremiahJensen
    i know an awesome community of super friendly 2d artists if you would like to know, Crimson Daggers. I have been studying with them for about 6 months and there are some really really good artist that are always happy to help. As for zbrush im up for working on that with you ! we'll wait and see if others are interested

just join one of the google hangouts that happens almost daily. there's nobody in there who isn't willing to help. sometimes you get people with a wealth of experience, other times you get people who're relatively new who can share your own trepidation and help guide you from the beginning steps.

Oh i never knew they where so regular ! i will be joining in on them for sure! thanks :D
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    yeah listen to almighty_gir, join a hangout and soak it all in!
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11

This!

We do actually do art sometimes too :)
  • retleks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    retleks polycounter lvl 18
    Mostly penis based art though...
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    is there another kind?
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    i know what are you implying here?! that penis art is SOMEHOW... bad? psh!
  • Adrian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd definitely be up for this!
    I haven't been on a google hangout before, but I understand it's about streaming and chatting together right?
    The benefit of an actual group is we can review our work at any time, and we have deadlines to complete to.
    So yeah, let's make this happen :D
  • JeremiahJensen
    Thanks all ! the hangouts are awesome i tried one today and everyone was very helpful !
    Adrian wrote: »
    I'd definitely be up for this!
    I haven't been on a google hangout before, but I understand it's about streaming and chatting together right?
    The benefit of an actual group is we can review our work at any time, and we have deadlines to complete to.
    So yeah, let's make this happen :D

yeah that is the good part about a structured group, we can make a thread for us 3 and begin working out tasks that we can all do and learn from. I also imagine that once we are doing it other beginners will want to join in
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14

Stressing on the Good laugh. But it does motivate you to work on your cg pieces tho.