Offline / Send Message
Weirdboy polycounter lvl 5
My primary reference, copyright to original owner:

kGraw.jpg

My progress thus far:

J6PxH.jpg

xO89d.jpg

9UwiJ.jpg

How do my proportions look so far? Something about the side mounted guns looks off to me, what do you guys think?

Edit: Does anyone know how to make tank treads?

Replies

• l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, looking like a solid start :).

I think the proportions look alright, although I am currently doing the worlds longest retopo and so my eyes have gone a bit funny haha, however for the tank tracks, the way I did it, was to create a single track and then with the grid, just slide it into the next section (or where it would be) and simply rinse and repeat. Just rotate where needed. I am not sure if thats the "correct" way to do it, however its the way I did it a while back when I was doing a 40K tank... seeing yours makes me want to try and make some sort of attempt to save it from being another project that I dont finish :P.
  • Weirdboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    l.croxton wrote: »
    however for the tank tracks, the way I did it, was to create a single track and then with the grid, just slide it into the next section (or where it would be) and simply rinse and repeat. Just rotate where needed. I am not sure if thats the "correct" way to do it, however its the way I did it a while back when I was doing a 40K tank...

I seem to recall there being a way to do it with splines. You can create a series of clones and get them to follow the spline, somehow. I believe you can also animate treads this way as well. Can't remember how you're supposed to do it though.
  • redbranch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    redbranch polycounter lvl 18
    Nice start. Small crit: You need to give the heavy bolters room to turn out. They can't turn at the moment as the side doors are in the way. If you look on the model the doors are inset to allow for this.

red
  • Weirdboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Red: Thanks for the feedback, I had noticed that and there will eventually be an inset there to allow for that. In the meantime, I'm having a debate with my self between whether I should make the plate holding the turret in place flush with the side of the tank or extruded like I have it is now. That's why I hadn't added that part.