Home Technical Talk

Modeling from photo

Hey Guys,

I am new here. Basically, I would like to learn how to model a scene/objects from non orthographic photos. To be honest I have no idea how/where to start if you could give me advice that would be great.

This is the image I want to model from.
1274747624_25812.jpg

English is not my first language so I apologize if I made any grammatical mistakes.

Thank you.

Replies

• Knowi
  • Bubba91873
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bubba91873 polygon
    My advice break the scen down to manageable elements and work your way up.
    Set goals for individual sections to model. It can be overwhelming when looking at a large scene like that for anyone.

I would start with the ground first and flesh that out, then work with the largest objects in that scene next to help fill it out. Grass and plants would be the last I'd work on.
  • imperator_dk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    imperator_dk polycounter lvl 10
    I don't think there's much to say to be honest, aside that you should block out all your elements in a very simple form to begin with, so that making changes to the layout and proportions is easy until you have a good super-lowpoly version of your scene where you are happy with the composition and it matches your reference well.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    look at the picture. make a list of what you need to make, to make the picture. get reference for trees, plants etc. block out. refine, etc...