polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
cesar11 polycounter lvl 8

Replies

• Leinad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Leinad polycounter lvl 11
    I think if this was a proportionate character it should have a bit larger quads. The silhouette around the exterior of the brachioradialis seems a bit too large when you compare it to the size of the bicep/tricep. The rectus femoris is looking a bit too large as well but that maybe because the vastus lateralis, and vastus medialis are too small.

Overall he's looking great, just be careful if you're using many different references as it may look disjointed in proportion.

Keep it up, and don't feel like you have to do anything I've suggested. The best thing you can do is follow your reference extremely closely and don't try to get very creative with it if you're going for hyper-realism.
  • cesar11
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cesar11 polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the feedback, you are right about what you said, ill get on it.
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    The buttocks muscles (gladius... maximus?) have a nice 'fan'-like insertion down the side of the leg, lookitup

I think the thumb should stick out more, u should puff-up its 'pillow' on the inside of the hand

The knee-cap (patella?) is missing...

The quads r extended too low, they pull the leg up from a higher leverage point
    the pose of the legs feels too stiff, generally... cant quite point the source tho

Overall this is very good
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brwnbread polycounter lvl 13
    the sternum is straight, not curved; also check out the shape of the manubrium, and how the clavicles connect to it. the sternomastoid connects to the manubrium. I think it CAN connect to the clavicle aswell though, but not how you have done it.

its also very worth learning the deep back muscles btw, if you arent already.

I think the mouth needs to come forward more. check this link out for an orthographic view of a 3d scanned skull. Which should be useful for proportions, seeing as perspective mode can be ambiguous: http://www.digimorph.org/specimens/Homo_sapiens/
    (but remember the shape can vary from person to person)

I cant see properly, but if you havent done it, the medial epicondyle on teh humerus should be showing

the obliques should be thicker, and look like theyre kinda resting on his pelvis

I think the thighs should be thicker than the shins in both front and side view

The shapes of the bones are really important, especially the rib cage and pelvis, the curve of the ulna, curve of the clavicle, shape of the scapulas, etc. When I was doing an ecorche, I watched dissection videos, and that helped loads.

If you are gonna do skin pores and wrinkles, I guess this guy is meant to have skin? IF so, I would look into where fat builds up and sculpt some of that in.

Good work man :D