Home Technical Talk

Remapping MAYA right click and ALT keys

Hi,

New to MAYA but I would like to know if there is a way I can make my Right Click on my mouse rotate my perspective view like ALT Left Click does initially. And then when this is accomplished, I would like my ALT to do the function of the initial Right Click.

I tried looking for it on the forums and online, couldnt find it.

OLD: ALT + Left Click = movement perspective
Right Click = Some tool thing

NEW: Right Click = movement perspective
ALT = Some tool thing

:thumbup:

EDIT: I think im on to something. I am in Hotkey Editor and see Navigation, tumbletool (which is ALT + LMB).. but I cant figure out how to assign it to right click.

Replies

• fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    I'm pretty sure this is not possible as the right click / shift + right click in each component mode is part of the Maya workflow. Why are you looking to change that?
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    if you do this your going to lose out on a lot of what makes maya great, since right click on it;s own and with modifers keys is a huge part of mayas workflow with marking menues.

you should really learn about the app first than customize once you got a good understanding of it workflow.
  • BRISK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its just that I have been using Rhinoceros 3D for the past 4 years and I want a smooth transition into MAYA haha. If you say its not possible, than I might just have to deal with it and start learning how to operate like how it is by default.

thanks
  • Jedi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jedi polycounter lvl 12
    Switch them at the os level
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I don't think Maya will let you, plus I would completely advise against it honestly. The radial menu in Maya is awesome, it makes everything so much faster. You rarely have to go up to your tool shelf at all. My opinion would be to just get use to it like the others have mentioned.