Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gargoyle asset in progress

Hello everyone,
I just finished the tertiary details for a gargoyle asset that I'm creating Any thoughts, suggestions and critiques are welcome
Garg1.jpg
Garg2.jpg

Replies

• talood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought about having this as a base texture,
    wanted to add rain and water stains, however if I do that it will look like its from a Scottish war zone
    and it seams like every time I add something to implement or fake natural water stains it looks much worse.
    I feel like its missing something, Any Ideas, thoughts and critiques are welcome.
    1.png
    2.png
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    You might want to make some of the joints or bony places (kneecaps, shoulders, parts of skull, etc.) more squarish/blocky/structural looking. Right now this is pretty organic and it might help it read more as a statue. Just go in with some good old hpolish x]

For your texture, everything is a little too dark. I would probably reserve darker spots for crevices and lighten everything else up, esp. areas of importance like the face.
  • talood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    compared what I have in zbrush with the renders
    the renders are quit dark, I do agree.
    I thought my renders didn't do the hard surface details I had in secondary forms any justice, but I guess you are right, will harden up the edges separately and see what I can do for the normals 3.png