Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scarecrow from Batman Arkham Asylum

jimmyjaba
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
jimmyjaba polycounter lvl 5
I posted the beginnings of this guy a while back, finally got round to moving forward with him so I thought I'd start a thread for him. This is my progress so far. I got abit lost with his direction so I got some colour on his bust to inspire me to keep going. C&C always welcome. Thanks for looking.

WIP_4.jpg

WIP_02.jpg

Replies

• jimmyjaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wasn't to happy with the bust in my last post so I went in and altered his mask and got round to sorting his hangman's noose. Thanks for looking!

WIP_7_Large.jpg
  • jimmyjaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update time, pretty much finished with the sculpt, just need to add some scratches and small details. I wanted to move away a bit from the original design used in the game, and make him my own. So I went in and added some additional stuff like the head and pouches, and will make him more unique using texture maps. I'm going to start on the colour tomorrow. Let the ripping commence, don't hold back! :)

Original concept

ScarecrowArkham.jpg

Sculpt
    wip11o.jpg
  • jesscondon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking awesome! Proper creepy but awesome.
  • jimmyjaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, here I am with another update for this guy. Finally got round to getting some colour on him.

I liked the idea of the leather from the original concept but I wanted to push it further with the idea of dried human flesh for his hood and face mask. I also tried to give a sense of variation with the leather for his pants, but I'm not to sure if this show up enough especially in this render, may play with that further.

The green liquid I wanted to have as a running theme, like its poison running through his veins. Anyways just abit behind my though process there. Please please comment, if its crappy, or just plain boring let me know. I've got a thick skin! Thanks for looking!:)

scarecrowwip.jpg
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    The yellow in the concept is cooler than the green imo. Your renders look dark as well.
  • jimmyjaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for replying Alex, I was thinking about messing about with some different colours, think I will now so thank you. Also are all my renders dark? They seem fine on my computer, so i may have to mess around with the gamma settings.
  • jimmyjaba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys, i'm going to call this guy finished now. He comes in at just over 10,000 polys with 2048x2048 texture maps. All in all i'm quite happy with the way he turned out, but please rip it to shreads so my next attempt can be better. As always thanks for looking!

scarecrowbeautyshot.jpg

scarecrowmodelsheet.jpg