Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gnutmi's learning path

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Gnutmi polycounter lvl 10
Latest post so ppl dont have to watch the rest of the crap.
8276504975_b42f09af6a_h.jpg

Hi, my name is Aron from Romania and I got into modelling a few months ago. I love video games but I always enjoyed the "behind the scenes'/ 'making of' videos that I found around the internet. I guess that's what got my interest and fascination towards 3d modelling and game art in general.
I know I'm nowhere compared to most of you guys, but I put together a small portfolio (if I dare call it that) to show the things I learned so far.
Most of the work is from tutorials, but since I never had the money to spend on the guides I used just the small parts on youtube and other sites that I found. The guides where mostly just inspiration and small milestones in my work.
C&C are welcome since I plan to apply to a 3d game art course [bachelor] starting from next year. I would like to know if I'm on the right path on getting accepted to a course:)

I found the blueprints and the render shots from the guide. Also this one took me ages since this one was the one that really taught me how to use 3ds max.
8002958312_bfff4128e0_k.jpg

Here I found the concept art and a finished PSD file that guided me.
8002967656_468e1eaace_b.jpg

Concept from eat3D
8002965358_78283c0012_b.jpg

This one I think was a 3Dmotive guide. I found the video where he creates the normal+AO map, so that's what I got from there. rest was based on the beauti shots and other materials that I found.
8002960410_a48e6d0b3e_b.jpg

Replies