Home General Discussion

Question Before I Buy Zbrush

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
After years of practicing in other apps, I'm ready to buy Zbrush and get serious with Zbrush.

So I have question:

Where can I go in order to get the best price I can for an academic license? Any special and obscure and trustworthy sites you know of?

thanks

Replies

• Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Nope, you buy it from Pixo.
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So...ur claim is that no legitimate resellers of academic licenses exist?
  • Snader
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    u know what, u guys are about as helpful as a headache - I wasn't asking u to do research on baking a pie I was asking for info u might have already had, but instead u direct me to a web page. Nice.

Obviously I was trying to save some time by getting a tip to which reseller was the best, considering this is a site where many people use Zbrush, I figure someone might have a hot tip. You know, I just came home from work a few hours ago and I'm about to go back out to another job in an hour and that's why I thought I'd get some help here

but instead I get a webpage link, like I'm a complete idiot who didn't see that already

nice u know what u two remember my name, don't reply to my threads u two, not like I'll be posting more here anyway
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Dude seriously. Simply call them if you need more info! Chill out man, no need to get all worked up about this. Also 99% of the people here simply bought it straight from the online store at 699$.

http://www.pixologic.com/store/#academic.php
  • Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Pancakes wrote: »
    not like I'll be posting more here anyway

If you're going to keep whining like a little bitch, then that's probably the best course of action.

People generally don't reply to threads if they don't have anything to share, and those that do are generally of the opinion that they're providing something helpful or at least relevant.

Stop treating people like they're picking on you. They're not because you're not that special.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Also 99% of the people here simply ought it straight from the online store at 699$.

This. At that price (especially with their upgrade history), most people here are either going to own it commercially, or 'own' it 'academically'.
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    Im pretty sure only resellers do academic deals, so if thats what hes going for, thats his only option versus paying full price from the site.

either way...he probably wont see these posts anyway...pup got scared away
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    u know what, u guys are about as helpful as a headache - I wasn't asking u to do research on baking a pie I was asking for info u might have already had, but instead u direct me to a web page. Nice.

Obviously I was trying to save some time by getting a tip to which reseller was the best, considering this is a site where many people use Zbrush, I figure someone might have a hot tip. You know, I just came home from work a few hours ago and I'm about to go back out to another job in an hour and that's why I thought I'd get some help here

but instead I get a webpage link, like I'm a complete idiot who didn't see that already

nice u know what u two remember my name, don't reply to my threads u two, not like I'll be posting more here anyway

It's spelt 'you'.

As in, you fool.
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    The best reseller is the cheapest one you can find near you in the list. Simple as that.

What you're asking for, an obscure but trustworthy reseller, sounds like you want to find a neat and tidy back-alley salesman. You're obviously looking to get the best price, but the sites with the really good prices - those that make you go "wow this sounds too good to be true", usually are. They're just warez site that have you pay money.

The best way to buy the software is to get it through the official website or a linked affiliate. Which is what both me and the other headache were getting at.

edit: and no way am I going to remember your name just because you dislike me. I remember names because it benefits me, people I like or people I find helpful. You're neither to me.
  • Paradan
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    when you buy through a 3rd party reseller do you still get all the great free updates from Pixologic?
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    thats a fine looking apple pie!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator

Oh no, we can't lose Pancakes!

Nice one guys, see what you've done... psch ¬_¬
  • Noodle!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noodle! polycounter lvl 8
    You need to work on your extraordinarily hostile attitude, Pancakes. You got two answers that both helped you and in return you shit all over them.

With that attitude, no matter how good you'll become, nobody will want to work with or hire you. Seriously. When someone is being discussed for hiring most people WILL check online.

I'm not personally in a position where I hire people, but a thread like this would make you a real hard sell.

So, take a look at yourself and hopefully you'll come out a better person who'll not only be good at 3D but also be a good colleague.
  • l.croxton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have to admit, I laughed at "researching how to bake a pie", classic.
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    cryrid wrote: »
    This. At that price (especially with their upgrade history), most people here are either going to own it commercially, or 'own' it 'academically'.

I think they also sold it for $600 or so during one of the Dominance Wars, not sure if they plan to do a similar sale any time soon though. I remember that was when I bought it.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    l.croxton wrote: »
    Have to admit, I laughed at "researching how to bake a pie", classic.

Hey man, we've all been there :P