Home Technical Talk

Rendermesh not updating when exporting from Max.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Zepic polycounter lvl 11
I got a weird problem. I resized my Rendermesh and Collision Mesh in Max, exported out to the engine, however, my collision mesh moved and resized correctly, not so with the Rendermesh.
I tried resetting XForms but that didn't seem to do anything.
Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Replies

• Zepic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zepic polycounter lvl 11
    Looks like I figured it out, I had to restart the Crydev editor. That seemed to accept the updates. Weird?
    I've also noticed Max 2009 seems to crash once I export out my objects... For example, if I export, go into the Crydev editor, then go back into Max, if I touch anything in Max it crashes.
    Is that a known bug?
  • Olli.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    usually deleting and undoing will refresh the object youre exporting.
  • bac9-flcl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bac9-flcl polycounter lvl 10
    There is a dedicated Reload button on the RollupBar, in your object properties. Sometimes hitting it is enough.

Other related advice: if your object disappeared from the scene after an update of the mesh, it's a shader problem (probably something like changed vertex numeration causing them to stop drawing your object). Reloading the mesh won't change anything, but the solution is simple: you can recompile the shaders by changing any parameter in the material that object is using. Like, change diffuse color by 1 digit and voila, your object is there again.