Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Indiana Jones Tribute - Map Room of Tanis

Indiana Jones Tribute - Map Room of Tanis

Here's a project I've been working on for the past month, it's based on a scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark. I'll probably come back to it in a few weeks and add a final layer of polish. But for the meantime I thought you guys would enjoy looking at some pretty screenshots. Feel free to crit and i'll add them to the final polish list. But i'm calling this 95% done now.

Reference:
raiders_003.jpg

Ingame Shots:
final_v1_4.jpg
final_v1_3.jpg
final_v1_2.jpg
final_v1_1.jpg

Replies

• mystichobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    Looking sweet Brush!
    As I mentioned on IRC I still recon you should add a bit of colour variance to the scene, but other than that it's looking good :D
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Yes, some more color variation will help. You should also work on the material definition of all your assets, it seems like the textures are there but I can't really see all those nice paintings you've done on the wall and so on. You could also add some more lights here and there to suggest some light-reflection on different objects(see how the rocks are lit too in the movie screenshot?). I get a feeling that your scene is a bit too clean compared to the movie screenshot, you should take a look at games like Uncharted to see how they've dealt with environments like this. Diablo 3 had some cool similar environments even if it's a diffuse-only game.
  • Rhoutermans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhoutermans polycounter lvl 12
    The colors are mostly brown in ur scene, ur ref has more variation as the guy above me said. i.e. the ceiling has another color than the wall.

The inscriptions on the wall are also painted on an extra layer on top of the bricks. Atm it's just a decal stamped on those bricks. The trim between the ceiling and the wall is also more defined in the ref.

Good luck!