Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi/Factory Hallway (Background for cinematic teaser) [WIP]

Hey guys, I wanted to show everyone a scene I've been working on for the background of a teaser trailer for a game I'm working on. I just wanted to show it so that you guys could give your professional opinion on it, and tell me if there is anything I can do to make it better before I unwrap it.

Now my art director said he loved it, so I've passed the first test. I want to maybe push this a bit further. I used google image searches for references for all of the modular bits and for a bit of inspiration of how I'd design the hallway.

My art director also left me a sketch to work off of as a very rough base of what he was looking for. Also that floor frame isn't going to be used, it's just temporary.

Also if you're wondering why I'm not doing sub-div modeling, it's because its all going to get blurred out with DOF in the trailer, and we want to be able to unwrap it fast. I will hopefully return to it when this project is completed, polish it and turn it into a full fledged portfolio piece.

Here are some glory shots:
ABCvuh.jpg
vZdY3h.jpg
uoXJyh.jpg
1b8BOh.jpg
0kmYxh.jpg
IxgUyh.jpg

Wires:
Djg6lh.jpg

Art director's sketch:
ZBOVOh.jpg

Also, since our twitter is public and has revealing pictures posted onto it I'm just going to show a sneak peak of the high poly version of the main character made by our extremely talented art director.

WUCqX.jpg

I'm not going to tell you guys the name of the game quite yet because we want to finish the trailer first and polish the first few levels for a demo before we announce anything officially.

Replies

• FractaL
    Oops, sorry guys I forgot to include this old shot of the scene from yesterday. Only difference is that it has no pipes, nor does it have those little bumpers attached to the correlated metal siding.

Oh and it sorta shows how the DOF will hide those jagged non-subdivided edges.

KtPhG.jpg
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    Hey man, looks good.

Although if you have a set shape for everything I think you'd be safe unwrapping, making a copy of the mesh, and making a high poly and baking it, then re-using that piece a lot, I think that would take very little effort and if you wanted to add it to your portfolio later it would take even less work. I think that once it has textures it may high the non subdivided surfaces, but it's still very apparent.

Up to you either way not bad.