Home General Discussion

Having hard time sculpting head from concept art

Hey guys, i really need some advice.

I am trying to sculpt character in Zbrush, from concept art, that i found from internet. The only problem is, i stuck on head, made the body, armor, everything,

Just i stuck on damn head. I always got problem to do head sculpt, exactly that is from concept art.

Any idea?

Replies

• dii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dii
    Post some pictures of it and the concept
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Okay you can also do what dii says to get detailed info but make a new document in Z and practice sculpting it out over and over, you might think it's boring but repetition actually helps.

You could also go to adobe and paint out a reference sheet/model sheet, I did this with an old model which was the onslaught I couldn't find anything so I made one. That helped me out tremendously. (so much so someone wanted to buy it at the time, I declined but sort of regret It now that it's not doing anything.)
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    If you're stuck on something, it means that you don't understand it very well, and it's a good sign your fundamentals of that thing are weak. Take it as a good sign, as it makes it clear what you should improve on.

Especially when we're talking about something like the human face, which is the most intricate, emotional and expressive thing in existence, there is a lot to learn.

You can and should always get back to the basics. Study forms and shapes. Study the skull. Look at great art that you like where the artist sculpted a great face, and analyze what he did and why he did it. If there's a shape you don't understand, refer back to the human skull and see where that shape comes from.
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    These guys make some excellent points which you should follow in addition to posting wips regularly in the WAYWO thread.
    One of the best ways to improve is through critiques.