Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Miguel Coronado's Kid Chameleon Project (2D art)

I am in the process of creating a new portfolio for the gaming industry. Part of my portfolio will feature designs based on the Kid Chameleon video game.

I'll post the finished work in this thread and be going through each character, them enemies, and concept the effects and some other key sequences.

Feel free to critique, comment, or use these designs to model.

First design: Maniaxe

Maniaxefull.jpg

Replies

• ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Oh Man! I remember that game. I remember he had a sweet leather jacket. And a little bit of Kid Chameleon Trivia, the kid on the box art was drawn after the Artist's son.

Anyways, I know you are trying to update the design a little bit, but I feel like you can still push the proportions. He seems kind of like a little person, instead of an edgy Young Kid who changes powers/costumes. His legs, body, and head are all the same size, and I feel like maybe you can push the sizing so either the bottom half is more narrow than the top..might give it more weight. Like in the sprite art.
  • Mike086
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback! I actually was on the fence about exactly how edgy this guy should be.

I'll be working on the unmasked Casey next and give him a more modern gamer look. I'm looking to give the new Casey a hoodie with a Chameleon logo that would resemble a Skateboard company hoodie like Enjoi or Volcom.

The other side wants me to give him a Black Member's Only Jacket instead of the leather one.

I attached a sketch page that shows some mask variations and the orignal sleeker looking sketch.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    Nice! i`m looking forward to the rest-!!
  • Mike086
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few things to update, sketched out the infinite axe throwing and setup up a Live Stream account to work live and chat with whoever feels like watching. I'll be updating the Live dates and times on my Facebook page and try to develop a regular schedule.

http://www.livestream.com/mciii

Axe throwing image attached below.