Home Technical Talk

Is there a way to center the transpose widget in ZBrush?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Zepic polycounter lvl 11
Is there a way to center the transpose widget in Zbrush, similar to the center pivot option that is available in 3dSMax?

Replies

• Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    I know that when you click an a any point that you want to sculpt from it centers the transpose tool...
  • Zepic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zepic polycounter lvl 11
    Chaserm2 wrote: »
    I know that when you click an a any point that you want to sculpt from it centers the transpose tool...

That's what bothers me, sometimes I just want it to stay in place. Do you know if there is a way to lock it down?
  • Chase
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chase polycounter lvl 9
    I don't know either. I tried looking it up too and didn't find anything that answers that. Sorry :/
  • Zepic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zepic polycounter lvl 11
    Chaserm2 wrote: »
    I don't know either. I tried looking it up too and didn't find anything that answers that. Sorry :/

Thanks, my searches came up empty as well, that's why I asked around here.

I always wonder if Pixologic is aware of how awkward their interface is, I mean half the time I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels because everything can be so unintuitive. Most of the tutorials I watch get to be so unbearable because there's like 20 steps to do just a simple process.
    Sorry, just needed to vent. /rant
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    there is a button under transform or to the right side of the screen under perspective button,
    it says "LOCAL" that will solve your problem :)
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I find the option to move the axis with (the last brush tap) useful, It just takes some getting used to.
    disanski has pointed out the solution either way.