Home Technical Talk

Ninja Dojo Survey

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
bk3d polycounter lvl 5
if you have purchase any Ninja Script could you please take a min to fill out this Survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V9VXQSB

Replies

• wailingmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polycount put an extra "http://" at the end of your link...but survey filled out! :)

Maybe add comment fields for areas like the hourly question or whether the price is
    right...my "1 hour a day" is an exaggeration, and I would have added that the price
    for "Grand Master" is just right, but the more features you keep adding in, the greater
    value I seem to be getting. :thumbup:
  • bk3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bk3d polycounter lvl 5
    Ok i fixed the link

Thanks for taking time to fill out the survey. I got a few so far.. When i get more ill post some comments up and reply to those..
  • bk3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bk3d polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Thanks to the ones who have taken the time to fill out the survey. Here are some responses to a couple of Questions on the survey.

Answers to "What Features would you like to see"
    1. Be nice to see some "animation features" in there, but mainly in the sense of manipulating/aligning/mirroring/swapping control object positions/rotations across the X-axis(or a choice of axis)...purely for my own needs, of course. wink.gif
    -- Unfortunantly I am not a rigger.. But I do have interests in doing a rigging tool. There are already alot of Rigging tools out there so I have spent more time doing tools for other disciplines.

2. More modeling tools and a retopo tool.
    -- I will always be adding more modeling tools. More specific answers would be helpful.
    -- I do have a Topo Tool. If you have Ninja Dojo it will be under the Bonus Tab. If you dont you can download if free off Creative Crash.
    http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/d...ng/c/ninja-topo

3. better modeling tools
    -- I will always be adding more modeling tools. More specific answers would be helpful.

4. move brush, uv symmetry, some of the polyboost tools from MAX like the edge tools etc...
    -- I have been looking into some of these features to add. I am a 1 person team and I do have limited knowledge but if I can find a good way to implent some of these features i will do so.

5. Complete rigging toolbox
    -- Unfortunantly I am not a rigger.. But I do have interests in doing a rigging tool. There are already alot of Rigging tools out there so I have spent more time doing tools for other disciplines.

Answers to "What feature(s) would you like to see improved"

1. The unwrapping tool is pretty nice but some more new features would be welcomed.
    -- What specific features would you like added.

2. Better integration into the maya interface. I liked the attempt at your last version to include the channel/layer in your dojo set up. However, I found it more annoying after awhile than useful. Would love if it's possible to dock Dojo on the side of the channel/layer panel (such as with NEX). I love this product and look forward to more releases!
    -- With Maya 2011 and above Ninja Dojo does have a Dock Option.
    -- As for the Side Kick you can collapse it by clicking the red button with the <> symbols. You can also right click that button to hide the channel box, the speed box, or the layers inside of the sidekick.

3. - Ninja Topo - find uv straighten unpredictable - more tutorials
    --I am currently looking into a better way to straighten uv's. Currently right now the Straighten edges will work very well on Non-Border Edges. The Straighten Shell will work well on non connected UV Shells (UV shells that dont share an edge with another UV Shell)that have a clean grid.
    -- For Ninja Topo i do have a video you can watch. There have been some updates since i have made that video. Also I have fixed a small issue when you run it inside the Bonus Tab. You can still run it from the Ninja Shelf if you have Created the Ninja Shelf. If not, you can go into the Help Menu and click on "Create Ninja Shelf". This is very handy if you dont always want to run the Full Ninja Dojo.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQsYROMgrU&quot;]Ninja_topo - YouTube[/ame]

4. UI
    -- Ok I think i need more details on this one.

5. More flexible Full Mode Window, not docked (ex: hypershade & uv editor locked in tab - possibility to add others maya windows in new tabs). Doesn't create automatically a fracture shader at Full Mode start.
    -- I have started an ini system and have been thinking of way to have options to add tabs and different settings. This has been on my to do list.
    --I have updated the Fracture script to not create the fracture shader until you turn on "Assign Fracture Shader". This will be included in the next release
  • bk3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bk3d polycounter lvl 5
    polycount put an extra "http://&quot; at the end of your link...but survey filled out! :)

Maybe add comment fields for areas like the hourly question or whether the price is
    right...my "1 hour a day" is an exaggeration, and I would have added that the price
    for "Grand Master" is just right, but the more features you keep adding in, the greater
    value I seem to be getting. :thumbup:

I have added an extra comments in the survey.