Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Opinion for my Work

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
iceman30 polycounter lvl 6
Hello :0) here's my new web Showcase with examples of my work.Please i would love to hear what you think about it.

danyart.net

Kinds and Regards.

Replies

• SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    My first opinion: make a real URL :D There is a nice button for this in the edit UI.

You work looks good to me :) Espacially the beach and street scene. Maybe the water could have some reflections or so...
  • Nasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nasser polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah, I like your street scene as well as the fire escape and the diner, I think they're very well done.

Although the diner feels like it could use some better lighting. The lack of shadows alongside the semi-realistic look of everything else just makes it seem "off" to me.

Also, maybe you could get a better shot of the Humvee. Right now it looks a bit distorted and funny.
  • Justin3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your scenes could use a lot more mood. Use some color and more dynamic lighting to punch them up. They are looking a little bland. Other than that it's looking good. The beach scene is nice except for the grass. It's looking a little plastic. Good job!
  • iceman30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much for the advises!
    That really helps me lot.
    Any Opinion is Appreciate.

Best Regards. :0)
  • nathanbarrett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nathanbarrett polycounter lvl 6
    In your street scene with the fire escape, your brick texture is WAY too small. The bricks look minuscule!
  • rogueNoodle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the shot looking down the street most - personally, I'd move it to the top. The road markings are a bit overpowering though - too freshly painted looking - but overall I like this shot quite a bit :)

I'd probably ditch the header image on your website - or at least narrow it down to just your name and contact details. At least scrap the image behind it. It looks vertically stretched.

The scale seems off in the diner interior. I think it's mostly the benches/tables, or maybe the height of the ceiling... not totally sure, but something feels wonky. It also doesn't make me think "fast food" as much as greasy diner - seems too dark and dingy for a fast food place.

You've got a good amount of work here, though - with some better lighting and a few tweaks, it'll look great :)
  • AzzaMat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AzzaMat polycounter lvl 9
    "I really enjoy to recreate everything,hardly motivated and always trying to achieve better and interesting look."

You definitely do not want to put hardly motivated on you opening statement. That means you lack motivation, you mean highly motivated... I hope =P

new
    I really enjoy recreating everything. I am highly motivated and always trying to achieve a better and more interesting look.

Also this
    img18487116.jpg
    has not been rendered in perspective. Also never render on black.
  • iceman30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much!:0) I'll keep in mind everything you said and I'll try to fix my mistakes as soon as possible.

I'm so happy that exist a place like Polycount and especially like you guys.
    That helps me lot!

Best Regards.
    Dan.
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    A lot of your scenes have poor lighting and grounding which aren't helping show of your art. I also get this feeling a lot of the art has simply had a tileable texture thrown on it. That or you haven't done enough work on your texture to make it feel like it sits in the environment. A lot of your shots are lacking basic composition, with the street being your strongest shot.

Too sum it up your work is ok, your in a good place to start pushing your composition and technical ability more with a general understanding of the basic skills.

I recommend checking out some Eat3D or Gnomon tutorials and start taking your basic skills to that next level and closer to an industry standard.
  • iceman30
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you very much!:0)
    I'll try to improve my light knowledge's.
    Is 1000 times much more easy if know what you've been doing wrong.
    Any Opinion is Appreciate.
    Best Regards.
    Dan.