Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pirate Zombie needs critique

Hey Guys,

I'm creating a zombie character personal work. My idea is a malnourished zombie. My reference for the body type is actually Christian Bale in the Machinist.

Feedbacks and comments are very much welcome. Thanks.

PirateZombie_Noshirt.jpgPirateZombie_shirt.jpg

Replies

• Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    The folds on the pants don't make any sense and are too blobby. To avoid that, look at several photo references while sculpting the folds and don't jump too quickly to a high level of subdivisions, that's why it looks so blobby.

You might as well rework on the anatomy of the arms, but it's quite hard to be more precise as you posted only one front shot.

I like his face, it's quite funny ^^

So keep it up =)
  • j9net
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the response, will try to work on it and post more shots ...Thanks :)
  • j9net
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all your comments. Here's an update:

I re-sculpted the pants, made the tongue shorter.
    I decided to scrap the hat coz it looks kinda funny.

janViewsZombie_b.jpg

janViewsZombie_shirt_b.jpg

The highpoly mesh was polypainted and I'm starting now to retopo it.
    Since I'm doing the lowpoly mesh, is it better to retopo the body and pants combined or is it better to retopo those subtools separately?
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    HI! you can probably retop the pants and body at the same time, but the shirt should be its own. you should work o your lower leg anatomy, this guy has no gastrocnemius muscles (google it) and no real backhead.

other then that its looking pretty good!
  • j9net
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks lotet for the advice,

I'm still figuring out how to retopo properly, the first time I tried it was too detailed. Will try to work on it soon. :D