Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Rob Blight - 3D Environment/Prop Artist

Hi all,

I'm looking for work and thought it might be a good idea to post up my portfolio. Feedback is also welcome. I'm based in the UK and willing to relocate for the right job.

Full portfolio: http://rob-blight.co.uk

Samples:

dragunov1.jpg

betty_1.jpg

betty_3.jpg

Replies

• Dazz3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dazz3r polycounter lvl 12
    Love that cockpit, retro-80s scifi. Seriously good job man
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    Sniper looks unfinished, texturing wise.The scope looks bad, that metal looks like it has no spec work no gloss work same for the black parts.Looks like you put a shiny gloss in marmoset and called it done.The folliage doesn't looks like anything special so the cool part is the alien cockpit, which shows that you can do more :p and better.
  • Rob_Blight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback.

Respawn - I hear what you're saying about the scope and metal. I actually spent some time trying to fix them before, but it ended up looking worse. I think part of the issue is the difference between Marmoset and the default max viewport - what looks okay in max needs a lot of work to look great in marmoset.

"The scope looks bad" - can you elaborate? Any specific advice on the spec map?
  • respawnrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    respawnrt polycounter lvl 8
    I meant the scope texture not the mesh or bake or anything else :).So yeah about the viewport i think marmoset needs a value of 256 in the glossiness so to be influenced exactly by the gloss map and spec can be at a value of 1, at least this is how i remember.Also if you say it looks good in 3ds max i say make the screens from there and not marmoset, with screengrabber and a shader like xoliul.
    Oh and keep in mind that black part from the scope it's close to the player and has no shading definition it looks like a black part with low gloss and kinda that.