Home General Discussion

Diamant Modeling Tool 1.0 Officially Released

Diamant
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Diamant polycounter lvl 9
dtools1.0.jpg

Hi everyone!
Hopefully everyone has enjoyed the free Alpha version of Diamant Modeling Tools. I am pleased to announce that Diamant Modeling Tools 1.0 is officially released! No more internet connectivity required!

This is a full rewrite of what was in the past called Diamant UV. I have renamed this tool to Diamant Modeling Tool since it has evolved into so much more than just an automatic UV tool.

If you have or have not used Diamant UV in the past, you need to try this new version out! Every aspect has been vastly improved in terms of functionality, speed, and stability. I am very proud to finally get this out to the public. It really has been years of my free time in the making.

Information:
Diamant Modeling Tool is a fully integrated Automatic UV mapper and Editor for Maya as well as a suite of Custom Modeling Tools made specifically for production use. It is currently used at some of the top video game studios in the world including Naughty Dog, Blizzard Entertainment, and various other Sony studios worldwide.

Specific features include:

Custom Selection Brushes for UV Edge and Ancor Marking

Automatic UV Mapping

Custom UV Editor with color distortion

Maya UV Editing Tools

UV Ratio

Symmetrical Brush based Modeling Tools

Custom Retopology Tools

Mesh sliding

Mudbox/Zbrush style Brushes

Topology Point Transfer

NEW* Project Mesh on Mesh

More to come in the future!

You can find the download link on the webpage below as well as purchasing information. The software will go into a trial mode that will allow you to use it for a good period of time before purchase.

There are also movies and gifs which show off some of the features currently available. More movies will be coming soon going into specific details per tool.

Please check out the help section as well. There is a ton of information which talks about workflows and usage. This will really help you understand how to get the most out of the tool. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Currently there are Maya 2011, 2012, and 2013 x64 and 32bit versions for Windows. I will be looking into both Linux and Mac in the future. More information is available on the website!

Enjoy!

http://www.rd3d.com/dtools

Replies