Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Mixamo Contest] Female Necromancer Character

I've decided to create a Necromancer for the Contest and I was told to be creative so I decided to go with something that I think maybe more interesting than the regular Robed-Oldguy-Methuselah Necromancer :

Name: I'm tempted to call her this and that but I am cautious and don't want to decide on a name now only to change it later.

Dry Description:
An Alluring Morbid Goth Female Necromancer full of angst.
She fly, resurrect undead and uses her staff to impale and slash her foes.

Character background:

Her Necromancy: She uses her necromantic magicks to manipulate the skeleton-ghost of her long dead pet wyvren as a medieval bat-winged jetpack that is attached to her back and allows her to jump or fly

Some quick placeholder sketch:
placeholdersketch.jpg
This is a very rough sketch to explore the idea,

I intend to add more thumbnails and complete detailed reference/planes later before I begin to work on the actual model, planning always helps.

Replies

• The_Blenderer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    scan20001ul.jpg

Not really happy with this but I got to do something every day.
  • The_Blenderer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started modelling a base mesh to sculpt the head from

Made in Sculptris, going to get imported and retopo/UV etc in Blender 2.6 and then I'm going to connect it to a body and give it more details using Blender's integrated sculpt mode.
    Ears are incomplete.

femalehbasemesh.jpg
    femalehbasemeshs.jpg
    femalehbasemeshp2.jpg

comments & crits welcome.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    The basic shapes are OK, but you need to rework the neck and the clavicles. Clavicules are not straight bones, they are curved :

Clavicle-superior.jpg

adams-apple-adamsapple-bones-boy-clavicles-cute-Favim.com-88596.jpg

Also, try to keep a smooth sculpt, I know it's hard in sculptris.
  • The_Blenderer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, yes I do need to refine the whole neck region and did have some trouble with the S shape of clavicles since I was not looking at reference for how they go into the shoulder region.

Not to argue with your constructive comment(I do need to redo that) but it should be noted that typically from a front view they are almost flat, the S shape is only seen from above or if someone is slouching like the guy in your reference.
    Michele01.jpg
  • The_Blenderer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress going slow due to other stuff getting in the way..

So state of the Basemesh (I only use Blender to add the finishing details so I wanted to block out as much detail as possible before moving out of sculptris):
    Fixed the female model some.
    femalehbasemesh3.jpg

Started also the Wyvren skull but I think I need to downsize its beak relative to the skull some since it wouldn't need that big of a beak to tear into stuff (though come to think of it these creatures don't really need horns, or maybe they use horns for some other purpose)
    dragonbasemesh.jpg