Home General Discussion

re freelance forum

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
just a suggestion that the name of this is changed to 'paid freelance' forum. It seems every day there are less genuine freelance jobs and more and more people posting mods or unpaid work.
I don't really understand how people would confuse freelance work with mods or royalty based projects, particularly if they get around to reading the posting rules.
I am full time freelance artist and it irks me to have to wade through the crap to find any genuine offers.

Replies

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    ditto. A simple solution
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Would it be possible to split the "looking for freelance work" and "Looking for freelancer employees" into different forums too? It's always been a bit of a pain trying to dredge through that forum for actual content particularly when some people seem to deliberately disguise their "I want work" as an "I have work that needs doing".
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you guys see unpaid work being offered please report those threads, the rules are very very clear but unfortunately too many people ignore the rules in those sections. A name change might be a good idea. I would also be all for splitting up freelance into looking for work/work for hire as well.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It has FREE right in the title and besides the problem is that people are asking for things other than LANCES.

But seriously I don't see how the descriptions could be made any more clear? Is it that they aren't bothering to read the descriptions and confused by the titles?

Maybe change Freelance to "PAID Freelance"
    and change Requests to "UNPAID Freelance / requests"

I can KIND of see how a dumbass would think that if they want someone for ongoing free mod work they would want to post in freelance when they should post in requests.
  • Tokoya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tokoya polycounter lvl 7
    Hmm yeah, I agree with OP, as a freelancer it's kind of irritating to have to wade through all of the posts that are looking for free/royalty work in a paid job listing.

It's the equivalent of saying "Hey, come help me construct this supermarket, on the off chance it actually gets finished and becomes a successful business you will get a micro-fraction of the profit - if I remember to pay you that is ;)"

I'm not sure if they just don't understand what freelance means or if they don't care, but maybe it should be labeled "PAID Freelance" (NO ROYALTIES ffs) like Mark Dygert suggested.