Home General Discussion

iAnimate - Lets Talk About Games - Series

mod
Hey guys and gals.

So, the past 10 weeks, I've been enrolled in iAnimate, the games division. It's a brand new course from iAnimate, and to go along with it, some of the instructors have been doing a little series called Let's Talk About Games. Each episode is roughly 2 minutes. They seem to add a new one every week now. Just thought I would share it with you all, as they have some good insight in them. Richard Lico, the guy answering all the questions (so far), is currently my instructor. Awesome guy.

Here is the link to the group with all the videos, so you can follow for future updates. And all the current ones are below. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/album/1967625

[vv]43719221[/vv]
[vv]44173291[/vv]
[vv]44444086[/vv]
[vv]44559692[/vv]
[vv]44560906[/vv]
[vv]44563250[/vv]

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome slipsius, would never have come across these! Thanks. How are you finding the course. If I ever did an online animation course, it would hands down be with iAnimate.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Hands down, it's the best thing I've done for my career. I've learned so much in the past 10 weeks, it's redonkulous. I decided to take it because I am in a rut at work, and don't get to animate nearly as much as I would like (I'm a generalist at work, but I want to be a full time Animator.) It works out to be roughly 300 from every pay cheque (bi weekly), so I can still work fulltime and do it, as well as pay for it as I go, rather than saving up ahead of time.

I went to college for 3 years, where the tuition was $5800 a year (8 months, or 32 weeks). But for 42 weeks at iAnimate, its $6,000, I only focus on animation, I've learned WAAY more here than at college, in terms of animation, and I'm learning from some of the best in the industry. It is a job requirement that the instructors are currently working in the industry. They can't just have experience in the past.

I would have much rather gone through all of iA than to college. No doubt about that. I'll post my progress reel in a couple weeks for eveyone to see. My pre-iA reel, and my progress reel from workshop 1.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea your skill level has exploded since you started taking these classes, if I decide to pursue animation past my current job I would probably jump on board, but my love for environment art runs a bit deeper right now. It's probably my current job killing my love of animation, which is restrained to talking to people sitting in chairs or standing in the same position. Don't get me wrong it can be challenging and fun to get hours of conversations animated but it really doesn't push me to animate in the traditional sense.
  • Cexar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cexar polycounter lvl 6
    Really looking forward for what David Lam is going to talk about :)