Home Technical Talk

Ace's Shader Forge - UDK Shaders

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
Removed Content due to Personal Reasons. Those who have the shaders, please enjoy them, but don't share them to the public.

Cheers and ciao.

Replies

• barnesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    barnesy polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks Ace, I will have a look. If they are anything like that skin shader you were working on there will be many fun times ahead :)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, if you take a look at the videos, under Sclera, you should see the part which I'm talking about the SS solutions I used, and how it's tied to your Half-Lambert of the diffuse.

Cheers!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soooo...anyone been testing out the shader? I would like feedback, so the next videos/shaders I post up can be up to par?

I mean several dozen downloads and no comment other then the one?
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    These Material functions are crazy are they all yours?
  • Minato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minato polycounter lvl 5
    Deeeuuude...WHAT am i looking at??...that is one scary big a$$ material,very well documented nonetheless,and those functiones,so many functions...anyways,i'm gonna start watching your video's,maybe they can give me some peace of mind...and thanks a lot for sharing these ace,any PostProcessing shaders on yo list? :p
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Chris: Yep, I made them from scratch in UDK.

Ofcourse, nothing is originally mine, since most of the stuff is found on the internet from places like RenderMonkey, nVidia's Shader Library and/or other Technical Wiki's as well awesome people like Vailias sharing stuff, I just made them in UDK so artists who want to get fancy and make their 'own' thang, have easy access to common terms found in shaders.

@Minato: Haha, no problem. Although, looking back on it, there should be a 'Constant' material in the package (or did I forget to put one?). Use that to make your life slightly easier. There are going to be alot of options to play with, so I would like to know if an artist is able to cope with it.

As for the post-process, that's something I wanted to do, although I'm not sure what I should start with. Anything you would like on the wish list? Other then the BF3 look-alike PP? ;P
  • Minato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minato polycounter lvl 5
    Oh yes the constant is there,but i wouldn't leave all those good stuff and play with numbers and parameters,winkwink...lol,good question,what do i have in mind besides the BF3 PP?....hmm,how about the Crysis2's PP,lol,more or less the same thing,i guess i don't even know what i want...one of the most impressive PP effects that i've recently seen in a game was Arkham City's Detective mode(you know the whole fullscreen radar thing),besides that both the Halo 4's and Splinter Cell's demos showed off really cool PP effects in their visor modes...ah,i guess i'll trust your own instinct for now...

Edit:now that i think about it i've seen a few cool PP effects on Dave Miranda's thread back at Epic's forums,things like Cross Processing,Bleach Bypass,PP God Rays,etc...just thrown around ideas...:p
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bleach Bypass - Done
    Cross Process - Done
    Chromatic Aberration - Done

Will look up Splinter Cell, BF3 and H4 to see what they did and how I can tackle it.

I'm not sure if Arkham City's PP is possible. On the UDN site, there is such an effect that you're looking for, but it needs you to define the certain things, like character spawn class, distance and depth, etc internally, so I'm not sure if a straight up PP is possible.

On the other hand, a Pixel Shader Detective version is possible, but the artist will need to do the bones of the character inside PER character. So lots of manual work here.

I will see if I can release some more stuff tomorrow.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Inspiring mate. Most of your stuff is based in the mathematics it looks like. Really nice.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, I plan on releasing a Skin shader next in a couple of days/weeks, pending on personal time and such.

Does anyone want to Beta-Test it for me in a couple of days? PM me if you're interested in being my Guinea Pig.
  • SirCalalot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SirCalalot polycounter lvl 10
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Removed Content due to Personal Reasons. Those who have the shaders, please enjoy them, but don't share them to the public.

Cheers and ciao.
    Heh. o_0
  • Kathle7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    down with thatwww.cleaningcassette.com
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    can we delete this thread?
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, it's just a got a few angry emails by people who said "Please don't share shaders, you're ruining my life" kind of deal, so yeah, I think it's best to remove this thread at this point. I didn't mean to step on any toes.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    What the hell? -.-
    I did not plan to download them, but I don't see how being kind and sharing something is a bad thing?
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    Sorry, it's just a got a few angry emails by people who said "Please don't share shaders, you're ruining my life" kind of deal, so yeah, I think it's best to remove this thread at this point. I didn't mean to step on any toes.

Were they shaders you made that you were sharing?
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, 100% created by me, stuff like like Lambert, or an inverted Lambert with a Smoothstep function for fake back-scatter, etc. from scratch, I didn't use any HLSL code up straight, everything was node based.

A few others were based upon other shaders I found online which were free, but I asked permission from the authors before using them, and they gave me the green go, those that didn't, I didn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

The funny thing is, I gave full credit to people I used or gave me permission for said stuff. I guess I should have also given full credit to original guys who created the Terms like Oren-Nayar maybe? I honestly don't know.

Honestly, I don't want to cause drama, there was maybe a misunderstanding along the lines or something. Can we just close the thread at this point? All I ask is if you downloaded the shaders, don't share them as I don't want anyone else to get into trouble because of me, and I simply don't have the time to fight it out with peeps for a couple of shaders.