Home Technical Talk

turboTools V.2.0

Hey all,

I know some of you use my turboTools toolbar, and many probably don't. Either way, I just wanted to say, I've updated my toolbar, and have it on my site now.

http://www.matthewlichy.com/Scripts.html

turboTools_V2.0.jpg

YES... I was very influenced by texTools, but he did a great job :). However, I took my own approach to it somewhat.

As the picture shows, you can customize buttons now, there is a favorites tab, you can resize the dialog box and the buttons autoarrange. I've also removed a handful of buttons from the old one, as I didn't feel they were that useful/worth the space.

If also added some new tools, like Stitch Verts and Sub Object Glue.

Anyways, have fun.

-Matt

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    he he for some reason there is a smile on my face :)
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I give your tools enough praise at work, so Imma say DEEZ TOOLZ SUK here. ;D
  • CodeFather
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CodeFather polycounter lvl 15
    Great Tools Matt !
    The face selection to UV cluster script is really handy, I was thinking about this for a long time. The liquidness of the UI is a slick feature, too ! :)
  • MattLichy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks alot :D I'm glad you guys find some of the tools handy.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Been using your a few of your tools for quite some time now, and love the modularity of the toolbar (adding 3d party scripts to the mix would be a cool feature)..

however, the newest version throws me an error everytime i start max (2012):
    -- Error occurred during fileIn in #C:\Users\snj\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\Scripts\turboTools\turboTools__fn_37__screenShotter.ms; line number: 119
    -- Error occurred in f loop; filename: C:\Users\snj\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\Scripts\turboTools\turboTools__fn_37__screenShotter.ms; position: 6405; line: 119
    -- Frame:
    -- f: "C:\Users\snj\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\Scripts\turboTools\turboTools__fn_37__screenShotter.ms"
    -- Error occurred during fileIn in #C:\Users\snj\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\Scripts\turboTools\turboTools__fn_37__screenShotter.ms; line number: 119
    >> MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\Users\snj\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2012 - 64bit\enu\scripts\startup\turboTools_ScriptLoader.ms Exception:
    -- Compile error: No outer local variable references permitted here: screenImgText
    -- In line: screenImgText = <<

from the listener.. any ideas?
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Heads up: had to open the mzp, extract Icons/***.bmp to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\UI_ln\Icons manually for it to start up..

goddamn Autodesk and their random path changery .. ;)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Nergasm man! Stop being so awesome.