Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio/showreel update

Hey polycounters, I have updated my online portfolio and would like to know what you think...

www.adamkent3d.com

Replies

• richwderby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richwderby polycounter lvl 6
    The site functions just fine, there are no problems in terms of navigation.

In terms of your work, I would maybe add texture sheets and wireframe shots for your gas pump and pick-up truck.

Also is the 2nd gas pump supposed to be facing the other way? As it seems too clean on the back, in comparison to the rest of the scene. Maybe you should just duplicate your first pump and change a few things to save time.

Overall I feel if you keep this standard up and add maybe 1 environment & 1 prop, you should be getting a job in no time.
  • s33th
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Overall the site is clean and simple to navigate.

A few crits on the content - the pickup truck - it looks like there's an environment cube mapped to the hubcaps - the lighting from that doesn't seem to match the scene, and that doesn't appear to be mapped to the other reflective surfaces - like the windows.
    The wear of the red paint looks pretty evenly distributed over the entire surface and could really benefit from being in key logical areas.
    The canvas over the back is a perfect opportunity to either use simple cloth dynamics or show off some sculpting skills by having it really conform to the back of the truck and be pulled around by the straps holding it down.
    Working on the material definition - getting some specular highlights on the windows, the rubber tires, the worn metal would really push the piece.
  • richwderby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richwderby polycounter lvl 6
    Hows the portfolio coming along?