Home General Discussion

Looking for a honest advice

Hey guys, these days i am having a bit of depression. Where i live, there is not VFX/game studio, where i can work or do a internship. And i really need some support (money). The only thing i get work here is to do interior/exterior.

But damn, i really want to do character for game or movie, but where i live i don't have opportunity.So this really put me down and got depressed.

So i thought, to get some work as interior/exterior designer, to save some money because that here is really good payed, and i really want to buy Ryan Kingslien's visualarium.courses, so i can learn human anatomy, sculpting characters in Zbrush, and also doing creature in Zbrush, and also learning some Zbrush techniques. Also i want to get the courses from CG Workshop, from Katon Callaway. I have everything planned, but really, i am fell really down.

Replies

• Gestalt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gestalt polycounter lvl 11
    You could look into doing freelance/outsourced work, making your location trivial in most cases. As far as paying for lots of training, there are plenty of great free training resources, polycount is free, and real life is free. If you are looking into character art your best teacher will be studying real people, and you can learn the anatomy online or through books from the library.
  • David-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    Also there are tons of how to videos on you tube and vimeo. Also like already suggested. Look for jobs in other industries to get some money
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    You gotta do what you gotta do. Work other jobs for now to make money.