Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stealth Sniper

What with ghost warrior coming up ...not very soon-ish, doing a collab with my younger brother to do an animated soldier type model

unlike my other shitty wip models that dont seem to go very far, for this, i've made a pact with him so this will have to be finished very very soon.

planning to export it as a custom model. that means i have to animate in milkshape. something that i've been avoiding for a long time. but it is no matter.

7160109131_574f945c23_c.jpg

2164 tris

Youtube Link of turntable

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Animation and Milkshape don't go well together and capes in general are a nightmare even with great tools and tech. You might want to rethink how far over the shoulders that cape hangs and try to make it something that hangs off the back a bit like a pony tail.
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Milkshape is still around? that's the first modeling program I ever used back in 2000...Character and gun look great, but i kinda agree about the cape; unless you do cloth sim its going to be hard to do, and even then the mesh might poke through, so just be careful :)
  • Benton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it supposed to be low poly? Great topology but do some subsurfs!
  • pyra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this model is for warcraft, hence the low-poly. and yes, i realise milkshape is dog-poop with animations but that is the only option seemingly availiable if i want to export the model to warcraft. which is the purpose of the model.

as much as i hate animating cloth anything, i would like to have a chance to animate something stupidly complex/annoying. just need to do something like this once in a while. ive animated capes before except this one happens to have 4 times as many divisions so it will be challenging.

will most likely be attaching a joint for every vertices in the cape.
  • pyra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    7354237680_a78f85bc89_c.jpg

so yeah. started rigging today. the hood seems to deform reasonably. which was my main concern.

7172141139_e1a85ae4f7_c.jpg