Home Technical Talk

Beginner Blender on Bladed weapons

I've more or less forgotten how to make models. It's been two years since I last make one, and it was made in 3DS Max that I shouldn't really have been able to obtain.

I've got an issue with a Storybook game which only accepts already Rendered images. Since I've taken advantage of nearly every Store Freebie in the last 5 years from Daz Studio. I'm Producing the "art" with their Studio package. (They had a 100% off sale of their Pro software.)

The issue comes down to the fact I'm wanting to use Custom Models for some of the characters to hold. Daz Studio quite happily supports OBJ models and a few other formats. I've inserted a few of my models in to this image: http://fav.me/d2oyo7o (Luvdisk is my last 3DS Max Model.)

I've chosen Blender for money and legal reasons. I've also used it for a little time before.

Below is a "sketch" of the Soul knife (in Blender). *
untitled.png

I've reached the point where making models with just using Standard Primitives won't just cut it.. (The last model I made I just used Cylinders and Sphere to make the Unown T.)

Basicly I'm not sure how to shape the blade or do much to it.

There is no Polycount limit required, given the nature of the Project, as Rendered images is output.

Replies