Home Technical Talk

Move a door to a wall texture and make it look realistic?

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Thewiruz polycounter lvl 16
Hello

This is a problem i have been struggling with for a long time now.Finding textures i can use from scratch.

Now i am trying another method.To transfer one texture to another and try to make it look good.The problem is that it never look good!

Often i need a door/Window to match a wall texture i have been working with.Is there any method i can use to accomplish what im after ?

This is the way i have been trying to attack the problem but it doesnt look good.I need shadows in specific places and so on....

How do you guys do? Cant rely one one single texture?

bgvh29.jpg

Replies

• Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Well, realism is about tiny details.
    I would get some references of a door on a brick wall then think about logic.
    Doors are planed before the construction, so there's no reason they cut brick rows in the middle of nowhere. It's a full brick or half a brick (which is the side in reality). The offset should be recaught farther. Then bricks are pretty straight, why that noisy pattern ? There shouldn't be bricks on the bottom of the door. That's perspective in the reference. You didn't represent the space at the bottom of the door...

Then, the shadows are okish, i don't think that's the problem here.
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Use some other texture sources for some trim design? There's really no way you can do this without being extremely thorough.
  • JamesWild
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesWild polycounter lvl 8
    I think the wall itself needs some attention too. It's supposedly on the ground floor but there's no grime/etc where it meets the floor?
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    if you can only use the two sources mebbe u can use the doors white bricks to stand in for trim:
    7227233476_8c0a0afc96.jpg
  • Thewiruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thewiruz polycounter lvl 16
    Wow thanks everyone!! This helped a lot! Especially claydough picture!