Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Carnosaur Sculpt

Hey guys, I've been working on this creature for a minute, and I wanted to post it to see what everybody thinks.
After this I'm going to be retopologizing and poly painting. Then I'll be posing it so I can draw it, Ill be posting all that too.
I would really like to hear what you guys think, thanks in advance for any feedback!
dino-4.png

Replies

• Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im not a big pro on anatomy but he looks like he is leaning to far forward. I cant tell if he is meant to walk on 2 or 4 legs right now. If its two, his back legs need more bulk, and he needs to be more upright, he looks like hes gonna fall on his face :). If 4 legs then i would suggest modelling him in that position before moving him.

Other then that he looks really great! Would love some close ups of the head!
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    i simply love it, really nice. Well done mate.
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    @above people
    I believe he's sculpting it based on a Lizardman carnosaur, which is why the stance looks kind of unbalanced.
    m470201_99110208048_LizardmenKroq-GarMain_873x627.jpg

Looks pretty good so far but the arms could be smaller :P
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh thanks Selaznog! Your right, that does look close to the 'concept' My apologies :P

In that case, i want a lizardman rider!
  • unnamed1800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all so much for the feedback, to clarify unfortunately it took me a lot longer than 60 seconds to model this. Please excuse my misleading you. I did base this model off of the Lizardmen's Carnosaur model, and of course with all warhammer models, they have odd proportions. But none the less, with your suggestions and other outside critique, I played with the anatomy a little to make it less exaggerated, I also kept the arms the same length But you are right Selaznog I should probably shorten them up. Also upon the request I'm also showing some head close ups. I also haven't sculpted anything for the inside of the mouth yet, and have yet to do the details on the teeth, but that will come in due time. Thanks, also let me know if you like the previous proportions as opposed to my edit on them.
    O and I do eventually plan on making a rider for it, but I don't know if I'll be basing it on the lizardmen Sauruses.
    dino1.png
    dino2.png
    dino3.png
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Looking good, but before you get details on your teeth, I would change their position a bit more. They don't really seem to have much direction. Here's some good ref

t_rex_skull.jpg
  • unnamed1800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, sorry, havent posted in a little while. But hey here is the first rough pass at a diffuse paint over for this guy, I have all the blue and yellow stripes on different layers so I can adjust them in the end, because I know the way they look right now is really strong. there is some cleaning up to do with the claws and such, and I also havent started the paint over for all the gear. But have no fear! For it is on the way! All previous feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you. Also, thank you in advance for any further feedback. I will be back soon with more stuff on this guy.

dino2-1.png
    dino-5.png
  • wolver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quick crit: the chest is very shallow the lungs and heart do not look like they would fit in there along with the musculature and tissue anchors of the neck and arms, you might want to push the lump of the pelvis top out a bit more as well. hes missing his kneecaps i think. also you might want to think some more about the balance of this, i doubt he would be able to run on two feet, shortening the neck and the distance between shoulder and pelvis and then lengthening and fattening the tail could help quite a bit with this.

hope that helps : ]
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    He's built like a Hadrosaur. I'd say he'd spend the majority of his time getting about on all fours, rearing up when he needs to reach something or paw the air as he's doing in the reference.

I think it'd help to get yourself some good, modern dinosaur references. Searching for Todd Marshall's drawings would be a good start.