Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Delrain

Hey everyone,

I'm a fledgling game artist living over in California and decided it was time to start putting my work up for other artists to see.

Critiques are always welcome, I am still learning so any feedback is appreciated.

I also am currently still in the advent of my artistic career, as far as traditional art and 3D modeling goes. I am a creative writer turned game artist, but the experience has been exhilarating to say the least.

I'm most comfortable in Zbrush with some moderate experience in 3ds Max and Maya.

I'll just start dropping work here as I finish it, most of my bigger projects will be for classes I am currently taking - but as I find time I'll upload work from outside of class as well.

- To begin my sketchbook I have my first major Zbrush sculpting assignment. Nothing crazy, just sculpt a concrete pillar with some ornamentation. I'm pretty pleased with the result, got a small taste of creating and uploading alphas to replicate bullet holes (even though I'm still a little rough on the subject), and had an absolute blast learning some of the deeper sides of Zbrush.

hunterLowe_pillarRender.jpg

Replies

• Delrain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's an addition of my first project for my character art class. Drawing the human form is still a process I'm learning, but we were told to create a rough turnaround for a mythological being and a chose something out of Japanese mythology - namely a Goblin King. So, here's a rough 3/4 stance.

shuten.jpgT
  • Junco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Junco polycounter lvl 11
    love the signature , awesome to see the your work online. Takes alot to take that step.

also

I am parked