Home General Discussion

God of War - Ascension (GOW4/reboot?)

So hells yeah!

2sE9P.jpg

(leaked trailer)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoEE2rzjCLg"]God of War Ascension - Trailer Official GOW 4 PS3 Ascension Teaser LEAKED IV - YouTube[/ame]

SSM are some amazing artists, I can't wait to see how stellar this game looks (and plays!). GoW 3 still stands as one of, if not the, best looking ps3 (console?) games. Trailer makes me all tingly! Can't wait for E3. :)

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    pretty interested to see what they're gonna do with this. i only played GoW:3 so regardless of whether or not its a reboot.. itll be new to me. :D
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    i always thought GOD of WAR could be made and split into different story lines and not just focus on greek mythology kinda like how assasins creed takes place through multiple historical periods :P
  • biofrost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    biofrost polycounter lvl 12
    I am betting it starts when Ares gives Kratos the blades of Chaos and it ends with him killing his family. If that turns out to be the plot im sure the ride there will be awesome still.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    That was the plot of one of the PSP games, wasn't it? Not that that would necessarily stop them from doing a console version.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    To be honest, I'm a little disappointed that they are going with a prequel. I was really hoping for a broad new direction in the franchise. Take for example, Castlevania Lords of Shadow and it's ending. The sequel to that game is obviously going to be a radical departure for the franchise and that's what I'm excited about, and that's what I was hoping they might do for GOW. Maybe a reboot with different mythology, maybe a modern day story, something different. I'm still excited about it, and I'm sure the studio is going to put out another amazing game, so I'll hold any judgement on it.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I will be watching this. It may end up with me buying a PS3 finally. If I have the money at that time that is.

Also 1111th post!!!elevenfactorial!!1
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Can't wait! GOW3 is an amazing looking game. Excited to see how they push the style in this one.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Santa Monica are one of my favourite studios because they produce fantastic art and technical marvels. God of War 3 blew my mind with the opening fight.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I was kind of hoping they'd try a new mythology like the Romans. Imagine KING NEPTUNE :D
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    It sounds like it will take place when Kratos was a general in the Spartan Army, before he was the Ghost of Spart so I don't know how exciting that would be but I'll hold my tongue until it comes out.

Habboi, why Roman mythology? Its just a rip off of Greek myth, which we already have :P I think a Nordic twist would be cooler
  • Seirei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm actually hoping this games starts somewhere before he got the blades from Ares and somewhere halfway through the game you get them. This would give the game a nice mix of combat styles and cover a good bunch of the story itself. :)
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Where is his Jetpack and Spinner?
  • richguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think that its a GOW 4. It looks like a prequel to GOW 1.