Home Technical Talk

mesh to zsphere conversion

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Is it possible to import a mesh then transform to zspheres and keep improving with them and go uon and off the two versions of the model?

if not is possible to "Add" new zspheres tothe model to build up new geometries and then merge them into the basic mesh?

Replies

• Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    No not seamless anyway, the only way to get a similar functionality is to re-project the Zsphere model onto your imported mesh after every external edit. People do this sometimes as a sort of quick retopo, but only once when the mesh is nearing or at its final shape.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Is there a way to add ( merge ) new zsphere models into the basic mesh ?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Dynamesh or Remesh will connect them, but will by their nature completely change the topology.

You could combine the two into a single subtool (merge down or merge visible), and with a new zsphere use Tool: Topology: Select Topology to select it. Switch to edit topology and you can then delete out the faces/verts you don't want while working on physically connecting the two. Depending on what you're working with it might just be easier to do it externally.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Ok I asked because I made a shape in 3dsmax for a creature and I tought I could do stuff like horns extrusions and other bigger features in zbrush , but when I elongate them they result in less polygonal density ... may be I shoudl work them by adding density with brushes over brushes in those locations ...
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Horns might even be better left as separate subtools unless you wanted a perfectly blended transition.

Depending on how clean the extrude is and how long the horns are, slice curve is another option.