Home Technical Talk

quick zb question

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
WHen I extrute a part like moving out with themove part , like for example from an alpha region the mesh looks all stretched , is there a tool that uniformizes the quads in that region without messing the whole model? I tried project all and didn't work , I do not want to use the dynamesh couse makes the quads not topological breaking all the edge loops ...

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    There's an Equalize Surface Area button, but that usually works better for bigger changes that would really stretch out a shape. For more minor changes you could try dropping down a few subdivisions (three or more), smoothing/relaxing the area a bit, and using the Tool:Subtool:Reproject Higher Subdiv Button.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    the reproject higher subdivision will have a local effect?
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    cant find this equalize surface and the repoject higher is grayed out ...
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Not sure what you mean by local effect. The edgeloops should be preserved with no changes elsewhere on the mesh (aside from where you smoothed faces down). I'm also not sure why it is grayed out unless you dont have enough (higher) subdivisions. The tip for it recommended smoothing at least 3 levels below, so perhaps it is a requirement. Equalize will be in the Geometry subpalette.