Home Technical Talk

Maya, i have stuck in rigging, no idea what's going on.

I have a task to mode, rig and do simply animation on a character. I have modeled, texture the characters, but when i came for the rigging and animation tutorial, i stuck, no idea what to do, just have follow the tutorial but when i saw more closer, the rig i did is total mess.

So how to i join this.

yo3v1.jpg?1

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    this is a fairly broad question. Simply put you can use the connect joint tool under the skeleton menu, but i think you might benefit from a general overview of creating an entire skeleton with ik
    http://poly-face.com/Maya_Tutorial_3D_Character_Rigging_-_Setting_Up_The_Skeleton_part_1
  • xillyriax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xillyriax polycounter lvl 10
    are you trying to connect the left & right joint to the one that's highlighted? If so, then select all three, making sure that center joint is green (should be the last one you selected), and hit "P"
  • zakhar2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
    Edit:lol, replied like a second too late
  • Kuledo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fix it man, thanks a lot:D
    Now i have one more question. I am trying to select vertex with Membership Tool from both hands and connect it. But i can't select any of the vertex. Like this

CDYk1.jpg

Mine.
    VBaJu.jpg
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    The object needs to be skinned to the bone(s) first, then you select the bone you want to edit memberships for not the object. Then you should be able to CTRL-left mouse to remove and SHIFT-left mouse to add vertices.
  • Kuledo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay i have skinned, as the tutorial say, But i am still stuck in this part. The edit membership don't work or i don't know if i am suing right.
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    Are you trying to use the Paint membership tool?, just to make sure you are using the right one> look near the bottom of the screen where it says MEL and type EditMembershipTool; into the empty box beside it (it is case sensitive).
    This will make the Edit Membership tool active, you can now select a bone and CTRL-left mouse to remove and SHIFT-left mouse to add vertices to it's membership.

Remember you can only edit memberships for objects that are already skinned to whichever bone you have selected...You can check to see if the object has a tab called skincluster in the attribute editor for said object to tell whether or not it is skinned.

Why are you doing this for that particular region, seems a little odd. Can you link the tutorial you are using?.
  • Kuledo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The tutorial is on my language, so you won't understand. it's Britten for maya 5. So if this is old, how can i rig, just rig the character asap? Is there any kind of tutorial? I am doing this, because i want to go for internship, of our studio here. They give me a task to do simply animation of the character.