Home Technical Talk

Zbrush color fill issue

Dim
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Dim polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys, in Zbrush, I'm separating subtools by color so that when I do my bakes, I'll end up with a handy mask for all of them. This was working swimmingly until for some reason I cannon discern, a few of my subtools will not fill with color (or perhaps they're filling with white?). I've tried everything I can think of, but can't resolve the issue, and I haven't been able to find much in the way of other posts about this. Help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

show.php?id=28743

Replies

• melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Check the texture map pallete under tools.if it is white,click the image picture,a window with other textures will show up,click texture off.The Image will become blank.Try polypainting again.Hope this helps.

Btw,how dis u get that screenshot of your app.I have been meaning to learn how this is done so I can post screens if I run into problems.
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    You may need to turn on Colorize under Tool > Polypaint > Colorize (be sure it's highlighted).

Alternatively, you could Tool > Polygroups > Auto Groups, this would group based on each element, then go to Tool > Polypaint > From Polygroups to automatically polypaint the tool with the polypaint color. This would just make it faster than picking colors by hand and assigning different ones.

Give it a try, it's very useful when you know it for future projects.

@ melviso - Hit PrintScreen up near your F12 button, then paste that into Photoshop or MSpaint even.
  • Dim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dim polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks for the help guys! I'm not sure what the issue was, but I was able to polypaint it, but NOT color fill it, so that ended up working. Still dunno what the issue was though.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Thanks for the help guys! I'm not sure what the issue was, but I was able to polypaint it, but NOT color fill it

Probably the layers.