Home Technical Talk

Need advice in lighting / texturing

Hello.

I really need an advice

dragonvale2.jpg

How i can make glossy candy-looking render like above?

I'm ok with google, but you know - a correct question contains answer a half ;) and i still can't define that correct question(well, "candy" variations is only word my imagination suggests, so...) :(

Of course i can export shapes from 3d editor scene to 2d vector editor and then color each of them but there must be better method i think :)

Thank you!

Edit: of course i understand that this is 2d scene made from tiles, but each item there (plant, wizard, house, etc) is rendered 3d model.

Replies

• fade1
    Offline / Send Message
    fade1 polycounter lvl 14
    those are just sprites displayed in an orthographic view. old school stuff. the tiles are handpainted and then just placed on a grid. you need to be able to paint those sprites, like the plants, the house, etc. i guess there are lots of tutorials about this in the www.
  • Habboi
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    You have to find the method that suits you. I can't draw all that well so I'd model it out and render out a 2D view for colouring in Photoshop.

But you may find it easier to just draw it out and apply to a mesh.
  • Ace-Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    They're all shader based solutions which have been rendered and pasted to sprites. The textures themselves are pretty much flat, with only AO and color information.

Sorry, don't know how you would go about rendering them like that in a package, I would more or less know how to do it in RT, but Offline.