Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Making a game. Looking for some assistance

Hey guys!

It's been a long time since I've posted on Polycount but I wanted to post about a project that I began with two friends, not too long ago.

As the title might suggest, I'm making a game, along with aforementioned friends, and we need some help with making things happen. To avoid putting a wall of text on the thread, here's a link to more details about the game, as well as a short trailer.

Yes, that is an indiegogo link, and yes we are looking for financial support to help fund this venture, but we're also looking for any help in terms of advice or suggestions.

If there are any tips that you guys might have in regards to good people to get in touch with, or good ways to approach the market, feel free to share. This is our first time doing something like this, and we've got a pretty good foothold and have great ideas for making things happen after the game is developed. Unfortunately, without capital, we're unable to get to that stage, and decided to turn to the community for help.

Again, any and all forms of assistance would be greatly appreciated - be it financial support, or general advice that you might have.

Thanks, and cheers!

Replies

• Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Were you guys smoking crack while making the announcement trailer by any chance? :D It might be tricky finding people since I think a lot of 'assistance needed' posts come up but doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Looks interesting, hope you find people to help out :)
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    luke wrote: »
    That trailer ... I don't even ... what just ... :D

True, I have no idea what the game is about, but the trailer made me smile :D
  • TDub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TDub polycounter lvl 13
    Looks to be based off of Warioware? High paced random tasks, with no explanation on how to do them! Loved that game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3VRTgMWVsc"]Wario Ware Inc - 1:16.39 20 Game Time Attack - YouTube[/ame]
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    That trailer made me chuckle, I really, really, enjoyed it; Thanks guys. :)
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha yeah the trailer is meant to be something that makes you smile/laugh, or possibly causes half a seizure. More detailed information about the game is further down in the page.

To summarise it, TDub hit the nail on the head - it's very similar to Warioware in the sense of having a bunch of microgames play one after the other in very quick succession, with minimal directions provided. We have a few changes to that 'formula' to make it stand out, of course, but that's the gist of it.
    Super Fun Time is a fast-paced, high-score driven game. You'll have to stay on your toes because you'll be tasked with different microgames every few seconds. Defeat the five evil bosses and their challenges to restore Super Fun Time to the known universe. Maybe even beyond! The game features an enormous variety of activities and tonnes of fun collectibles. With specific challenges designed for all skill levels, everyone can have a Super Fun Time!

We feel that the microgame compilation style of games hasn't yet been done amazingly on mobile platforms, and that's what we're trying so hard to attain.

The main reason we're looking for funding is actually to get some serious assistance in the coding and art departments - moreso the coding. We're planning a massive list of microgames to keep it from getting boring, along with post-release support as well of course. For that magnitude of gameplay, we need a solid team that can churn these babies out fast, while maintaining a good quality.

Needless to say, very few programmers agree to the 'code now, get paid later' method of things - understandably so, of course.

And I agree, sometimes it's difficult to find help like this, but we're chasing 'the dream' here, so it doesn't hurt to give it a shot. Polycount has helped me in many ways already, and I just wanted to spread the word about the project to you guys too =).

Cheers!
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    Are you Japanese by any chance?!
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hah!
    No, no we're not.

We're just a little bit crazy, you might say. =D.